Caledonian 4-2-2 Steam Locomotive

Picture of Caledonian, a Steam locomotive  from The Olden Days
Caledonian 4-2-2


Built: Built by Neilson and Company in Scotland in 1886 for LMR.

Description: Built as an exhibition loco, with 4-2-2 configuration.

Duties: Entered London, Midland and Scottish Railway service in 1923. During the 1920s it worked the directors' saloon, then was returned to ordinary service in 1930.
Withdrawn in 1935 and set aside for preservation.

Significant Events: Removed from service 1935 to be set aside for preservation, but restored to steam by British Railways, and used in the Solway Ranger railtour from and to Shipley Leeds Junction, 1964.

Retirement: Ran railtours and enthusiast specials until the end of steam in Scotland. Currently a static exhibit in the Riverside Museum, Glasgow.


Back to Home page of The Olden Days
Home
Link to  Contact page
Contact
Jump to top of this page
Top

index sitemap advanced
search engine by freefind

© Phil Taylor 2013


      Active Search Results

Make a free website with Yola